Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Academics


With the academic trials of final exams pressing down on me I've had little time to pursue some of the things that bring joy to my existence. Typically you can find in the library, 2nd or 3rd floor, buried in a pile of textbooks and a nausea-inducing assortment of notes, perhaps asleep on my economics book with the faint hope that its embedded knowledge will somehow transfuse through to my brain as I dream a pleasant dream. This is essentially the life I chose. I have been questioned by several of my friends who chose the labour route whether I feel any gratification or reward from my relentless studies. No, none at all really, even the joy from receiving an A on a paper is tragically short-lived. But I know it is this investment of time and energy now, while I am still young and curious, and open to inspiration, that will ultimately shape who I will be in the future (whenever that may be). So I continue to persevere onward through the mess of academic literature and scholarly articles confident that this is exactly what I need to do in order to attain success. To my friends that doubt me, I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment