Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Writing on the Wall

Ever since my adolescence, 16 years old I'd say, when me and my boy Breeze would hop on the Exhibition Streetcar from Union to get to work I would always be looking out the window fascinated by the writing on the wall. It amazed me that there were actually people who would brave the risk of getting caught and armed only with their cans of paint and creative minds wandered in the shadows of the night looking for places to display their art. The thought just seemed so badass, it being a criminal act, yet it was still art and for that reason something I could entirely appreciate. Having tried my hand at the forbidden art form myself as a youth graffiti has truly become a part of the creative lens through which I view my city and the world. Toronto has some dope writers. I'll be posting some little mini-feature on artists I like soon but for now heres a few sick pieces from around the city.
Globe

Trik
Eyes
Causr
This entire wall is just beautiful, Bacon
Kane
Kasm
Osker, Robot

No comments:

Post a Comment