Monday, May 24, 2010

Battle of the Boatshoes

Summer is upon us and that means its time to pack away the parka's and goose downs and bust out the lightweight casual wear for the rest of the season. I am sure by now some of you are sick of seeing this particular shoe around the sockless ankle of hipsters in your local downtown core but I for one am still obsessed with boat shoes. I already bought a couple Sperry's that have treated me very nice but I think it's about time for a change. I saw a feature like this on Street Etiquette a while ago and had to have my own take on it. Whatever your choice it's still the perfect summer shoe, whether your on starboard staring out at the endless expanse of ocean before you or on the street car staring out at the busy summer streets it just works. I present the competitors for this summer.
Sperry Topsider
Sebago docksides
Yuketen deck shoes. I'm leaning more towards these joints myself. Slightly different from the traditional silhouette and from what I've seen from this brand over the years they really produce some quality footwear.
So there you have it. Whatever your choice please boat responsibly and always make sure you have your boaters license with you whenever on the high seas. Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment