Monday, May 24, 2010

Local Inspiration

Hello world. Haven't posted in a minute. Let me start with some photography from a dude I'm truly inspired by.





A fellow Torontonian on the move. Greg Washington was heading creative design for Inquiring Mind before moving over to Van city to work with Academy. Just from following his blog and a couple of his other projects you get the sense that he doesn't really set boundaries for himself as far as producing and creating is concerned. This guy is literally all over the place, have a look at his site and you'll know what I mean. I was a pretty loyal follower of Inquiring Mind for their Buyers Bible editorials and in depth interviews before I chose to look a little closer into the people behind the scenes.
That's when I stumbled upon Greg's blog which I kept coming back to not for the popularity of its posts but for the rare and obscure postings of works from artists I would otherwise have never heard of. Very interesting stuff indeed and always inspiring to see someone from your own city, own part of the city for that matter (Scarborough SON!), prove that creativity is not only good in the art world but is a marketable skill and something that can be applied in virtually any setting. My hats off to you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment