Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Collabos

2009 was another big year for collaborations in street wear. Although they are mostly kept under wraps to build suspense some of the major ones have leaked some glimpses into their upcoming line-ups. Here are some I look forward to.
Fred Perry x Stussy Deluxe
Fred Perry is Britain's premier street brand and are known worldwide for their exceptional quality and cut. Their knack for simple design and quality contrast with Stussy's more urban appeal and combine for a very interesting look.
For 2010 Opening Ceremony has a number of promising collaborations lined-up
Pendleton X Opening Ceremony
The innovators of authentic American flannel Pendleton team up with the fashion powerhouse that is Opening Ceremony. The classic outdoors company takes staple cuts from the Opening Ceremony line-up and give them an all plaid twist.

Two of my favourite Japanese brands, Visvim and Mastermine collaborated on this exclusive backpack.
Band of Outsiders continue to impress with their ongoing collaboration with boat shoe purveyor Sperry Topsider.
Sad truth about looking forward to so much is when the reality of budgetary constraints kicks in. I think if I had I choose I would limit myself to the Fred Perry x Stussy Deluxe collaboration. It`s definitely more of a fit with my current style and I`ve always been a fan of both of these brands individually. To me the thought of them collaborating is equivalent to a Batman x Superman collaboration for a comic book nerd or a Picard meets Shatner Star Trek reunion episode for a Trekkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment